Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snow Day!!!

We awoke to the radio declaring all of the school buses cancelled for the day, which gave Jonathan and Maria a day off. Now we were left with our recurring dilemma.

Whenever the buses are cancelled, I have 2 children with a free day.
The other 2 children attend a walking school with no buses, so they almost never get a day off.
Of course, it is not God, the weather, the school board, teachers or principals that get blamed for the incredible injustice of the situation...
NOPE it is dear old mom!


Today, with the forecast stating that the weather was far from over, we decided we could justify giving Michael and Jianna a day off as well.
Then I called in to my school, to find out if I was required. Since less than 10% of the students were in attendance, I too had a snow day.
YIPEE!!!

I know we have only been back for 2 days, but to get an unexpected
 day together without the busyness of Christmas...was a treat, even a blessing.

So, we spent the morning on some household chores, extra prep for some upcoming tests....Johnny got some free time
 to work on the 4000 word essay that looms over his head...(that would
 be a grade 11 class!!!).

Hubby whisked me away for a secret sushi lunch...meanwhile the girls made themselves and the boys  chicken caesar wraps.


After Lunch, we girls did this:


Kallie loved playing with us in the snow and would chase this ball she found, a big stick she found, and the girls as they slid down the hill.


Unfortunately, my battery ran out before I could get pics of Kallie climbing up the play structure, so she could slide down the slide with the girls as well...too funny!



Jonathan and his friends played in the snow as well, but they were off to the big hill together, so I did not get pictures.

Mike was content to have some time to himself to play Xbox, but before that, they both did some of this for dad:




I am glad we had this day together...it was good.

3 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

It looks like you all had such a lovely day!(OH and I ADORE Sushi!!!) YUMMY! I loved all your photos and the pup's jacket it so cute. :)

We had a restful day but is was far from exciting since Tirzah had (has) the stomach flu.

Holly

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a great day together. I love those unexpected days. Such a bonus!

What a great picture of you!!

Amy said...

That is one of the only things I can hardly wait for Isaiah to grow up----helping me shovel the snow!!! YEAH!! lol

My kids walk to school as well, so they were shipped off that day, so mommy only had 1 kid to deal with..
Gotta love that snow!