Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HELP!!! It's Exam Week!!!

It is exam week, something every student knows is coming ...really for at least a few years.
Every semester is the same after all: start fresh courses, learn new things, write an exam...repeat.


My admonition the past few weeks has been:



Yet, here we are, the first day of exams, and I see this face repeatedly, before and after the exam:

My job sounds simple, keep the kids out of the halls and lockers so that those still writing can actually think.
No problem! After all, the principal did announce before the exams began, what time the kids were to be allowed out, with an admonition to be quiet as they moved through the halls.
We know kids are terrific at paying attention to announcements right?


Yet, some how, I still found myself repeating this statement a hundred or more times today:




My remedy and preparation for tomorrow's exam, (beyond calling in the Big Kahunas to help with the initial dismissal) is this:


I hope I don't make it to number 4 of the instructions, but by Friday....you may have to come looking for me!

9 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

Oh Dear!!! Will be praying for you (and your head)!!!!

Do you get next week off??!!!! We should go shopping...I bet there are great deals on now. Josiah and Tirzah both have Birthday's coming up fast...

And so does Miss Jianna!

H.

Williams Family Blog said...

Humor is a good way to get through exam week (for both staff and students).For us we have the first day of school jitters coming up in a few weeks.

Rhonda said...

HAHA! I thought that YOU were the 'Big Kahuna'. LOL!

Jen said...

Jeepers Rhonda!
You just reminded me....I requested back up from the very VP who said I had more authority with the kids than she did....AIIGGHHH!!!
I am calling in sick tomorrow....I feel a 36 hour something coming on!!!!

Maureen said...

And the kids think they are stressed!
Hope you don't make it to #4 but if by chance you do, I'll bring the cover-up on Sunday
Have a good week and hang in there

Anonymous said...

Oh noooo! Hopefully the week will be over before you know it. Just think, we're already at Wednesday--you're halfway done!

By the way, you can take my ideas for Jianna's party--I don't mind! :)

Shaun and Holly said...

Hello again,
I have 2 words for you:

It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Roxanne said...

I was asked to scribe for a student this week for a welding course. I simply wrote exactly what I heard. The teacher will likely get some moments of amusement while marking this exam. I discovered an entire new vocabulary and I think I used some creative spelling!

Tamatha said...

lol.....I have seen that kit before! How did it work for ya?