Monday, January 12, 2009

The Best Decade of Her Life

I made a decision today...I'd like to say that it will be my view point for the next 5 decades or more, but grief is not quite that simple.
For now, for this year, I am choosing to celebrate with the angels.


Today is the 10 year anniversary of the day, Heaven first welcomed my mom...I figure it's party time there, and I really didn't feel like being swallowed up by my loss...So, I am choosing to celebrate with the angels.

Tonight, we decided to go out for supper and celebrate my mom...the time we had with her, her legacy and that she has just completed the very best decade of her life.
(I did have to explain this to the kids as Michael thought we were celebrating Nanny's death...not exactly).


Mom, my heart still aches and I will always miss you...but congratulations on the best years of your life!

Love always,






5 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a great choice Jen. I know it has been extremely difficult for you. And I'm sure she would have chosen to stay and be a part of your life, if she could have. But, since she couldn't....how wonderful for her to be where she is. And.....look how beautiful your life is. HE has really stepped in and taken care of you. You have not had your mom here, BUT, wow...God has certainly imparted some superb motherly love and wisdom to you.

I am so proud of you.

Here's to the next 5 decades of your life! Celebration time has begun!

Rhonda
xo

Shaun and Holly said...

xoxxo Lots of love to you.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, Jen. Your mom was lucky to have a daughter like you.
I made the decision to do the very same thing quite a while ago. My mom is not truly gone, and while I miss her so much it hurts, I would not want her to have to live in this dark world again. I know she is the one truly living!

Shari said...

Although I met your Mom only a few times - she seem to love life to the very fullest.
Blessings Jen

Anonymous said...

Good idea Jen.
I can't imagine losing a mom so early on.... you did the right thing by celebrating the good, and the great life she now has.