Friday, October 31, 2008

Galvanized with Christ

God and I have been talking about some things lately...things He has put on my heart for quite some time. 

Things He has asked me to sacrifice to Him. At times, I have wavered, questioned and wondered why I am making some of these sacrifices.

Just last night, as I was going to sleep, I was wondering about the purpose in some of these things, knowing God was requiring them, but losing focus as to why.

This morning, I was preparing to pass over an article from Elijah List and save it for later, but felt I was to read it now.
There were so many answers for me in this, I get really excited when God highlights and brings clarity to things I need answers to so quickly! Below is just part of the article, but I thought it was such a cool and SIMPLE explanation of this seemingly mysterious mandate..."to Put on Christ".




"The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts." Romans 13:12-14, emphasis added


"become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust." (See 2 Peter 1:4)

We are to be "galvanized" with Christ! An iron chain is a very powerful tool; however it can be compromised through corruption and rust. When the iron chain links are galvanized they are coated with zinc, which is non-corruptible. Galvanized iron then becomes much more powerful because it is no longer subject to corruption; it will endure under the harshest of conditions that would otherwise compromise its integrity.

Likewise, when we "put on the Lord Jesus Christ" our spirits are "galvanized" with Christ and our flesh is coated with the anointing. Corruption will then take on the incorruptible nature.



Is that not a very COOL explanation?!?!
The whole article can be found here:
http://www.elijahlist.com

It was dated Oct. 30 and is by Paul Keith Davies

3 comments:

Tamatha said...

Hey lady:o) That is indeed a kewl post:o)

Shaun and Holly said...

Awesome Jenny! I will check out the article later today....

I tried to call you the other day (yesterday?) but it said your Ph # was no longer in service. Then I tried your cell phone and it said it was a long distance call!!?? Anyway, later when I was telling Shaun about it, he said, oh didn't you get Mark's email about the number changing back?! Agh!! Anyway, you have been in my thoughts and I will catch up to you soon!!!!!! (I need Birthday ideas for Maria.)
H.

Anonymous said...

Very cool.
God and I have been having similar chats... even through the night last night, and I was keenly aware that we are in a battle and the power and the authority comes only by the declaration of who Jesus Christ is.
Thanks for the reminder.