Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Can be Bribed After All

Since beginning to work in high schools almost 2 years ago, I have had countless bribes offered to me.
Usually candy, or coffee (Obviously they don't really know me!), always by students.
Today was the first day I accepted a bribe.
This one was from a teacher who just can't quite remember to pass out her detention slips consistently.
She sent me a note through a student with her apologies asking if I could be bribed.
My reply was , "YES! With Tea and Chocolate!"

20 Minutes Later, 2 students arrived at my office with the above tray.

I have to tell you, I haven't had Smarties since my kids were little and I used them to bribe them into toilet training. (For the record, it worked wonders, they were all potty trained between 18 months and 22months...and not a single one still needs the reward of Smarties when they go to the washroom!)
Now I am being bribed with the very same treat....maybe I should have used Laura Secord Chocolate on the kids!
By the way, Smarties and tea make an incredible breakfast!
No, SERIOUSLY! You should try it.

I am personally hoping the other teachers get wind of our little arrangement!

5 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

HA!! I love it!

I can definitely be bribed too!! With coffee and chocolate! :)

H.

Shari said...

That Tray looks soooo inviting!!! Pour me a cup please!

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maureen said...

So Jen tell us
Do you, eat the red ones last?

Tamatha said...

HAHA!!! TOO funny!:o)